Regional volunteer’s network in social services, for Bihor, Satu-Mare and Sălaj counties (VOLO)
- Project leader: Caritas Catolica Association Oradea,
- Project partner: the Caritas Organization of Satu Mare Diocese
Project length: 18 months
The project is based on the collaboration between Caritas Catolica Oradea and The Caritas Organization of Satu Mare Diocese to develop a Regional network for volunteering in social services in Bihor, Satu Mare, Sălaj counties.
In the 3 counties there is a strong need for volunteers in social services, improved management skills of NGOs in this area and better mediation between demand and supply of volunteers. The project aims to develop the organizational capacity and promote the work of min. 30 NGOs active in the social field of the 3 counties over a period of 18 months, through the creation and dissemination of a regional network for volunteering services
- To create a regional network, by expanding the volunteer base and by training volunteers to increase organizational performance and improve the quality of services provided to beneficiaries
- Match-making between the demand and supply of volunteers in social services both online and offline
- Development of partners' organizational capacity materially and financially
- Creating and running a Volunteer’s Office
- creating an online facility accessible both for volunteers and NGOs
- Partnerships with NGO-s, (exchange of experience/know-how, common projects, exchange of volunteers etc.)
- The online platform accessible both for volunteers and NGOs, while broadening the network of partnerships.
- Volunteer’s Office provides guidance in using the online platform, and if requested helps with uploading data
- Website contains a database of active volunteers and NGOs from the social field and makes the connection between them
- Registration is free, direct and accessible to anyone.
- A section of the website is dedicated to Virtual Volunteering
- The platform contains: an interactive map, informational materials for volunteers and for NGOs, forum for exchange of experience
In order to maintain a sustainable service the Volunteer’s Office, will handle recruiting and placing volunteers.
The online database will function even after the project has ended
- min. 30 NGOs active in the social field from the 3 counties
- min. 35 volunteer coordinators (current / future) or leaders of NGOs active in the social sphere
- Min. 100 active volunteers in social services in the 3 counties
- Min. 1520 potential volunteers (youth, professionals, etc.)
- min. 16 authorities from the 3 counties.
Indirect target groups:
- Beneficiaries of social services –min. 4000
- Local communities of Bihor, Satu Mare and Sălaj counties (population: 1144142)
- min. 30 NGOs active in the social field of the 3 counties with improved organizational capacity through the creation of the regional network for volunteering services
- 1 network of NGOs active in the social field
- Improved services for at least 4000 beneficiaries of NGOs
- 1 regional database for recruiting, placing and handling volunteers
- PROJECT CO-FINANCED BY A GRANT FROM SWITZERLAND THROUGH THE SWISS CONTRIBUTION TO THE ENLARGED EUROPEAN UNION
SWISS CONTRIBUTION: 573.277,66 RON (90%)
CO-FINANCING FROM CARITAS CATOLICA ASSOCIATION: 63.674,61 RON (10%)
Follow us on:
This website does not necessarily reflect the position the Swiss government. Responsibility about the content is supported by Caritas Catolica Oradea Association.